[Coco] MCC-216

J.P. Samson coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com
Tue Jan 1 15:05:28 EST 2013

On Jan. 1, 2013, at 1:00 PM, Allen Huffman wrote:

> On Jan 1, 2013, at 11:08 AM, Frank Pittel <fwp at deepthought.com> wrote:
>
>> I've blown my "toy" budget for a while so it'll be a while before I
>> can get one but it looks cool and could be a lot of
>> fun.
>
> I don't have a toy budget at all these days, but I'd certainly find
> some things to sell on eBay if I could get a virtualized CoCo device
> that ran standalone and wasn't just a PC running an emulator. $169
> is less than I paid for any of my real CoCos :)

The big question mark for me is the inability to attach external
devices.  From my point of view, support for some kind of analog
joystick/mouse is essential (be it the pot-based original CoCo
joysticks or something else).  A serial port of some kind would also
be critical for Drivewire users, I should think.

If, as someone else has pointed out, the Altera DE-1 boards are being
deprecated, it would be nice if some current FPGA implementation would
be supported, be that the MCC-216 or something else.

-- JP