[Coco] CoCo joystick ports

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Tue Feb 26 10:46:54 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 09:33:49AM -0600, Allen Huffman wrote:
> I am needing to order a few CoCo joystick port connectors. I know they are 6-pin DINs, but "back in the day" I ran in to a different space for the same number of pins. Perhaps it was Commodore 64 that used a slightly different spacing?
>
> I believe Digikey has what I want, but I am not sure. For experimenting, I think I want to just get the female plug that goes on the end of a cable. For instance, part CP-1160-ND (www.digikey.com).
>
> Would someone be able to help me out and find out which one works with the CoCo joystick port?

I got mine off eBay.  This looks right:

	http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIN-male-Plug-Cable-Connector-6-Pin-with-Plastic-Handle-/290571594757?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item43a76aac05

If you want different quantities, just search for "6 pin DIN".
Be sure to look at the pictures, and avoid any "mini-DIN" varieties.

> I am also looking for the CoCo keyboard connector -- the one on the motherboard, and on the keyboard.

No help there -- sorry!

John