[Coco] CoCo keyboard connector.

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Feb 21 18:05:16 EST 2013

On Feb 14, 2013, at 1:49 PM, Brian G <briang0671 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 2/12/2013 11:12 PM, Allen Huffman wrote:
>> What is the CoCo 1/2/3 keyboard connector? I remember it being a ribbon cable on my CoCo 1, then it was some kind of thin (mylar?) ribbon on the CoCo 2/3.
> I purchased the flat mylar cable from Digikey a very long time ago. It is now listed as obsolete.
> The dimensions I have for the connector are 1.70 inches wide, thickness 0.015 inches. Traces are 0.075 inch wide and 0.100 inches center to center (pitch).
> The length is for you to decide for your needs.

John Strong of StrongWare was nice enough to custom make me a few edge connector boards that will go in to the CoCo motherboard keyboard connector. I am going to be using these to experiment, adding some form of header to the board so I can get it hooked up to the Arduino or Teensy. I am hoping to clean off my desk enough to pull the CoCo out for the first time in years. I look forward to it.

		-- Allen