[Coco] My New ATXMEGA128A3U Study Board Arrived

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Thu Feb 21 06:50:04 EST 2013

Hi All,

I just received a new "ATXMEGA128A3U Study Board Version 1" as it is called.
The board is about 4" x 6" and boasts the following features.

ATXMEGA128A3U Study Board Version 1

Features:

2 RS232 Interfaces

1 Phone Interface

1 Beeper

1 SD card Interface

1 AT45DB041SPI Flash socket.

1 128x 64 OLED Display

10 LEDs

8 Buttons

1 Temperature / Photosensitive resistance for ADC

1 Potentiometer for ADC

1 JTAG Interface

1 PDI Interface

1 USB Interface

Version 2 also includes:

4 segment digitron

1 1602LCD

For $19 + shipping, I thought it was worth it, so much so that I bought 2 of
the Version 1s to see what I could accomplish in the area of communications
with each other and my 6809 computer plus also storage.

I didn't get Version 2 as it was $50.  I have never done any Atmel
development before, but a close friend of mine has developed several items
for various companies with earlier atmel microcontrollers and he's been
trying to get me to learn the atmel microcontroller as well.  What are your
thoughts?

Kip