[Coco] Issues with 26-3022 interface

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue Feb 12 00:04:41 EST 2013

My first step for anything drive-related is to make sure the contacts
on the edge connector are free of oxidation.  A pencil eraser, applied
until the contacts are shiny, works nicely.

Are you sure that the disk you are using is double-density, not a HD
one?  And that it is not write-protected?

If you have an already-formatted CoCo disk available, see if it can be
read.  If the drive can read and save to an already-formatted disk but
can't format a new disk, that would make it look like there was a
problem with index-hole detection, which on the CoCo is only used in
formatting.

Art