[Coco] Programming anniversaries (was Re: MAMOU bug?)

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 5 15:38:16 EST 2013

On 6/02/2013 12:30 AM, Rich Carreiro wrote:

> I wrote my first program in 1979 in Level 2 BASIC on a TRS-80 Model I,
> so 34 years here.

(snip)

Wow, your (34-year) history parallels mine quite closely!

Starting with the TRS-80 Model I (Level 1, 4KB) then Level II. Then it was
the battleship grey Coco 1 for me too. We diverge for a bit because I used a
Model 4P - rather than my Coco - all through uni, running Turbo Pascal
(CP/M), uLisp/80 and even RS-COBOL to do my assignments. You don't know the
meaning of the word 'pain' until you try to write a COBOL program using
RS-COBOL on a dual-floppy system! :O

Then, like you, I got into Amigas, though mine was an A500, eventually with
an IDE hard drive. Finally switched to PC when my father upgraded his XT to
an AT, though my 1st taste of Linux was a few years off for me.

Regards,