[Coco] MAMOU bug?

J.P. Samson coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com
Sat Feb 2 21:35:40 EST 2013

On Feb. 2, 2013, at 6:52 PM, Steve Bjork wrote:

> Thanks Bill for spelling it out again. I been in the computer
> hardware and software business for over 35 years.  Most of my
> software is licensed to very large corporations and they not only
> take action on those that have no rights to the software, but also
> on me for not doing so.  That's right, If I find someone that action
> should be takes and I don't then they will take action on me.

I would imagine that Steve might not have the rights to sell his CoCo
software pertaining to certain franchises such as Zaxxon and Pitfall?
These appear regularly on eBay, so it is easy enough to get a legit
copy.

I remember when my father bought a copy of Zaxxon on tape from our
local independent CoCo retailer.  Because the tapes were apparently
all defective and wouldn't load, the retailer had to provide us with a
version with the copy protection removed that was normally used for
doing demos in store.

-- JP