[Coco] COM Retention

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 11:13:23 EST 2013

We use many of the Startech (and others) 16 port USB-Serial adapters where
I  work
The driver for this device has worked great. The systems have been rebooted
many times,
the COM ports have not changed. Imagine having to reassign the COM ports on
any/all of the
16 * x COM ports that we are using, whenever the system was rebooted. It
would be quite a waste
of time.

COM port retention has no bearing on use with the coco, it's merely a
convenience.

Message: 4