[Coco] Clock chips-- DS1307 today

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Sat Dec 21 23:33:47 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Gault" >
> If you really want a SmartWatch, which is trademarked, you want to look
> for the Dallas DS1216. That is designed to fit a 28-pin socket and has its
> own socket into which a PROM or EPROM can be inserted.
> With minor changes, you can remove the disk ROM from your controller,
> insert this clock into the disk controller socket, plug the disk ROM into
> the clock socket, and you have a real SmartWatch.
> I have mine in the RS-232 PAK in place of the PAKs ROM.
>
> A Google search suggests that this clock is still available.

 I'll be dipped. I couldn't remember what the number was. So that's why I
looked just for the Smartwatch.
 I have two in service now but, the batteries are dead or too low to run
them between uses/power off. So I have to set them at each startup of those
cocos.
 This is good news and I'm glad you knew this. Now I know what to look for.
 I have some info on converting them to an external battery but I've been
afraid to tear into one as I might kill it. Now I can do this and not fear
getting into one or both.

Thanks,
George R.