[Coco] Clock chips-- DS1307 today

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Sat Dec 21 15:33:30 EST 2013

 I searched for "Smartwatch" and found a lot of stuff but nothing we could
use on a coco until I did another search for DS1307 and found some
interesting things on eBay for just a couple of dollars, from China.
 Most are designed for the Arduino so....

 I'm wondering if they could be used on our Cocos. I'm sure they willl need
some address decoding and there are some old boards some of us still use
with unused chip select line that could access these little boards.
Otherwise, it would require another board to decode the address and access
them, I figure. I know nothing about how to use them other than they should
be similar in data transfer as was the old smartwatch. Maybe the old
smartwatch drive could be modified to access the new address?

 Ideas?

 Here's how I found them...
 I went to eBay and searched for DS1307. That's it.

George R.