[Coco] Who did the R-RATED "Donkey Kong" hack?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Dec 19 21:52:56 EST 2013

In my CoCo 1 days, I remember being given a bootleg copy of DONKEY KING by Tom Mix with the graphics altered to be R rated. Here is a video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or8k2lzSt6Q

In the video, his binary is called "KINGDONG.BIN". I recall mine being called "RKONG" or something (and it was probably on cassette). I believe I brought this subject up years ago on the list.

I seem to recall being introduced to some younger guy in Houston who I was told was the one who did this hack... But does anyone know who really did it?

-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sub-Etha Software - http://www.subethasoftware.com - Established 1990!
Sent from my MacBook.