[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 131, Issue 34

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Mon Dec 16 20:27:45 EST 2013

Well - I actually have all of that covered; I have one working 386
motherboard (an AMD DX40), several 486 motherboards (including my first
486 PC), and more than a few old Pentium 1 mobos (not to mention 3 or so
AMD 586/133 boards - the best souped-up 486 there ever was!).

So - an ISA board should work ok (in an EISA slot - IIRC, you can use an
ISA card in one), and speed shouldn't be an issue (unless even my 386
would be too fast - even out of "turbo" mode). I've got a ton of
"slowdown" software for DOS as well, if that would help any in a pinch.

I just couldn't pass this box up, for a dollar. Heck, the four ZIF
sockets are worth that much.

Andrew L. Ayers
Glendale, Arizona
http://www.phoenixgarage.org/