[Coco] FW: CoCo ROM cartridge casings/enclosures.

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Mon Dec 16 08:32:24 EST 2013

Chad,

 From what I understand, the "demand" isn't really there any longer; a
few here or there - maybe. Most requests would be from this list - all
one-off things.

I'm not sure how much "abuse" a 3D printed enclosure for a cartridge
could take; I recently got a membership at my local TechShop (Chandler,
AZ) - the items from their 3D printers (MakerBots) seem to run the gamut
from seemingly tough to fairly fragile. It's probably all in the design
of the part.

I have my SBU done for the ULS 60W Laser Cutter, and have been having a
great time with that; your post reminded me that I could cut (well, in
theory) a "stacked sandwich" enclosure (simplest to make, all vector
cuts, easy to assemble) - perhaps perfect for a coco cartridge.

I guess I am going to have to dig up the resources for a cartridge
outline, and make such a beast (if someone hasn't done it already) -
then share it on thingiverse or someplace like that for everyone else to
use (plenty of low-cost laser cutting services out there).

Andrew L. Ayers
Glendale, Arizona
http://www.phoenixgarage.org/