[Coco] RS-232 image for VCC

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 17:44:18 EST 2013

Kip what is you problem with the boot disks ?

I make my very superIDE boot disks from scratch using the NitrOS-9
source code. I just need to change few makefiles to set the proper hdd
dimensions,etc. Then you can transfer the boot disk to the coco either
using a CF card adpater (and a few tools mine) or using my WIRED or
making a floppy and using real floppies..

I have made even a multi-boot OS9L1V2.00, NitrOS-9L1 Coco2, NitrOS-9L1
Coco2B, NitrOS-9L2 Coco3 and NitrOS-9L2 Coco3 6309. I just choose the
boot in the autoexec.bas.

the Image i provided this week for the glenside IDE has the same os9's.

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Kip Koon <computerdoc at sc.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi Bill!
> Unfortunately not that I know of.  We have to make one.  I'm trying to get
> to the stage where I can roll my own NitrOS-9 L2 boot disk for my Coco 3
> using modified versions of the mb.* scripts so I can undo the goof I made on
> the CF card that came with my SuperIDE pak.  I finally was able to
> successfully run the default version of the mb.floppy script and after
> following up with DSAVE'ing the rest of the contents of the boot disk in
> drive /d0 to the newly created boot disk, I ended up with a new standard
> bootable NitrOS-9 L2 boot disk.  Yea!!!  Now I can start trying to figure
> out which modules I can fit into a bootable OS9boot file.
> I say bootable OS9boot file because I have tried to put quite a bit of
> modules in other OS9boot file tests - actually every different kind of
> module that existed that I had hardware for and the darn thing did NOT boot,
> so I have to figure out just how big a bootable OS9boot file can be.  I
> remember a recent discussion about this very subject.  Remember even though
> our Coco 3s now have 512KBs, the 6809 mpu still can only address 64KBs at a
> time.  That is the problem we all have to deal with, I trying to put too big
> of an OS9boot file into ram,  so when a NitrOS-9 L2 boot file doesn't work,
> it's just taking up too much ram as far as I can tell at this point.
> I imagine the first step could be just adding the driver and descriptor
> modules to support the RS-232 pack only, actually two different kinds of
> RS-232 paks as there are descriptors for two RS-232 paks at two different
> addresses, and see how that new NitrOS-9 L2 boot disk boots with just those
> additions.  Once I'm successful with that, then I can try a few more things
> one step at a time and see how each of those test boot disks work out.
> Eventually I hope to have tailored NitrOS-9 L2 boot disks for all occasions
> hopefully.  Well, I have to get ready to go to church and sing our Christmas
> cantata.  I hope to talk to you later on.  Take care my friend.
> Kip

Long live the CoCo