[Coco] Jammaboard CV-04 for Coco3

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 14:23:39 EST 2013

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:

> Do you have a picture of the image ?

I can get one.  Maybe this evening.

> I asked if you have a dvd player with s-video to test on both
> monitors. I'm pretty sure the culprit is the jamma board that doesn't
> make a good job or doesn't play on standards.

I no longer have a DVD player with an S-Video out.  The one player I have
(Blu-Ray) is component video and HDMI only.

> Did you check the grounds on the s-video cable ? Is the outer shell
> grounded ? Are both chroma and luma grounds grounded ?

The outer shell is floating at both ends.  Chroma and Luminance grounds
are complete.  I have tried directly tying the ground between the display
and Jammaboard.  Also tried floating the ground on the monitor power plug
to break any loops.

> Try to plug not only the audio RCA but the coco3 composite video as well.

I have tried this - no luck.

> Does the jamma use a PSU ?

Yes, I have tried two known-good units.  If it was the PS, I would expect
display on the Samsung 214T to be adversely affected as well.

But, I'll drag in my HP bench supply and make another reality check.

Steve