[Coco] OT: SWTPC

Ron Bihler rbihler at msn.com
Sun Dec 8 12:58:53 EST 2013

With all the talk in regards to the SWTPC and os9 I have dug my system
out and have been attempting to get it going again.  I have done the
ritual cleaning of the contacts and looking over the boards for issue.
I am not getting the startup prompt or any output from the rs232 port.
With a scope I see signs that it has reset, and shortly after reset I
see activity on the buss.  My suspicion is a problem with the Memory
board and the system is cycling looking for the start of memory
location.   I am also not 100% sure the jumpers on the CPU board and
Memory board are set correct.  The CPU board has the eprom and some
memory, not sure if this should configured to be included or now.  The
Tanner memory board has a way to exclude memory.
The system did work once,  but it went south and I have never gotten it
up an running since.  I pull it out and end up putting away again after
I get frustrated (Grin)  It came from a wet environment and it's very
dry in Colorado so after a few months of working the contacts looks
really bad.  I have cleaned and cleaned, it will tease me once in a
while and output the prompt but then as quickly goes away.  After the
many times of messing with it, the jumpers may not be correct or I have
damaged another component.

  Is there someone of the group who is good at this computers.  Might be
able to swap out boards?

Thanks
Ron Bihler