[Coco] RadioShack remembers the CoCo (on Google+)

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Sat Dec 7 21:40:57 EST 2013

Yes, Color BASIC was a one lump sum paid by Tandy.  But both Extended
and Disk Basic was licensed on a per ROM bases.

The license fee was fairly low compared the over cost of the early
ROMs.  By the time of the CoCo 3, the license fee for Extended Basic was
the highest cost item in the system.  Even the GIME cost less than the
License fee.

Understanding these costs, it's little wonder that Microware and not
Microsoft wrote the patch to create Super Extended Color Basic of the
CoCo 3.

Steve