[Coco] Rename a disk

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 22:39:20 EST 2013

On Wed, Dec 4 2013, Bill Gordon wrote:

I have just successfully created an 80-,track 3.5" bootable NitrOS-9 v3.2.9
> disk. Unfortunately I did not name the disk when I formatted it, and now it
> has no name. How do I rename a disk?

Refer to the May 1992 issue of The Rainbow - found in the CoCo repository (
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/). Turn to page 6 and you'll find the
VNAME utility by Stephen Goldberg, the ASM source code is provided as well
as a Basic09 program to create the binary. I have been using this utility
in both stock OS9 Level I and II since I got the magazine last century...
convenient falls short of describing it :-)

Haven't had the chance to try it under NitrOS9, should work... right?

-- RP