[Coco] Rename a disk

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Dec 4 20:41:32 EST 2013

Bill Gordon wrote:
> I have just successfully created an 80-,track 3.5" bootable NitrOS-9 v3.2.9
> disk. Unfortunately I did not name the disk when I formatted it, and now it
> has no name. How do I rename a disk?
>
> Thanks

If you are running NitrOS-9 on an 80-col screen, you can use ded (included in
the CMD directory) to add/change any name by altering LSN0. The first letter of
the name starts at $1F and can be up to 32 bytes.
Using ded, edit the LSN, switch to ascii mode, after the last letter, switch to
$Hex mode, and add $80 to the last letter. Write the LSN and you have renamed
the disk.

Unfortunately, ded is unusable if your screen is not 80-col width.