[Coco] hardware scrolling revisited...

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 3 13:44:20 EST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Bjork
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 12:29 PM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [Coco] hardware scrolling revisited...

On 12/2/2013 12:08 PM, John W. Linville wrote:
> This, of course, illustrates that in all likelihood the GIME designers
> had at least some interest in supporting the SG modes.  It is a shame
> that they ran out of time or design space or whatever.

There was a limit placed on not only the design of the GIME but on the
CoCo 3 design as a whole.

While the CoCo community saw the CoCo 3 as a new and better version of
the CoCo, it was really a just a cost reduced version of the CoCo 2.

Thanks, Steve B.  This was a very fascinating account of events as they
occurred during the development of the Coco3.  I appreciate your insight and
in relating these considerations.  Great stuff !!

--- Steve O ---