[Coco] Adapting a V9958 64-pin Chip to fit a Solderless Breadboard

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Mon Dec 2 23:04:54 EST 2013

Hi Luis!
I created a breadboard adapter sometime ago for the SDIP 64 socket that the
V9958 VDG fits, but I have not sent it off to be fabricated yet.  The design
files are finished I believe.  I need to check that though, because I
remember printing an actual size PCB layout and fitting the actual chip to
the printout like I usually do when finishing a PCB.  When I'm done with the
design, would you like one?  I can finish it up and get the PCB fabricated
and have them available assembled or unassembled as a kit.  I'll need to
find 0.7 pin spaced sockets for this PCB though.  I wouldn't want to have to
unsolder 64 pins!  Ouch!
You mentioned that you were considering the V9990.  I remember something not
being as good as the V9958, so the V9958 is what I chose.  I don't remember
what that "something" was, maybe it was just the price of the chip at that
time, I just don't remember.  I am very interested in your Yamaha V9958
based VGA compatible Video Display PCB.  Please let me know how you are
doing with the designing of it.  Thank you for the design files for the 80
Column Video Display WordPak.  I appreciate it.  Thanks a bunch.  Take care
my friend.
Kip