[Coco] Weird problem with Floppy drive

Brian Goers briang0671 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 31 18:25:21 EDT 2013

Has anyone seen a problem like this?

I checked a dual floppy drive and under RSDOS I could DSKINI0, DSKINI1,
copy a file drive 0 to 1 or 1 to 0, Backup both ways also. But under
OS-9 I the drive 0 would not boot.
I found the disk with *.bas and did a drive RPM test. Drive 0 was 296.4
and Drive 1 301.3.

After adjusting dive 0 to 300.3 everything works fine.

So is RSDOS more tolerant of the disk speed?

  --

  Brian Goers     Vice President of Special Events
                     http://glensideccc.com/newindex.shtml

     The 23nd Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST!
                                                                         April 26 & 27, 2014
     Fairfield Inn & Suites Lombard             Saturday 10 am to 5 pm
     645 West North Avenue                 Socialize - 8 pm to 10 pm or beyond
     Lombard, IL 60148                    Sunday 10 am to 3 pm or beyond
     1-630-629-1500