[Coco] Warning message in VCC 1.42

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 16:56:54 EDT 2013

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 06:22:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Coco] Warning message in VCC 1.42
To: coco at maltedmedia.com

>>Tony,
>>I think that warning is outdated on more "modern" machines. I'm not sure
but I think it's generated by DirectX 8 graphics. If you're using DirectX 9
or greater, you should >>have no problems.

I'm running VCC on Windows 7 in Vmware on a Macbook Pro. That's pretty
modern, but I don't know the directX version at the moment.

Since I'm running on a Mac, there are no Home/End keys so I don't know
which keys will map
to Break, Clear, F1,F2, etc. There's nothing in the docs about keymapping,
other than the Basic/OS9 selection.

>>BTW... There is a VCC 1.4.3 version which supports the Becker port for
accessing DriveWire from VCC.

I saw this, but it has too many features removed in 1.43. There are no
options for multiple floppy drives, VHDDs nor cartridges. I'm quite
impressed that they are looking at getting DW4 support in there though.

Thanks