[Coco] (OT) Radio Shack Kits

PaulH paulh96636 at aol.com
Sat Aug 24 20:40:16 EDT 2013

I built a couple of these clocks back in the day.  I was interested in building a few more, but RS had begun
to discontinue the chip, so I went around to several stores to purchase some backups.  Turned out that was
a good move since the chips seemed to go faulty in about 4 years of use.

 IIRC, the 7001 was made by Fairchild and it lost the chip mask to continue production.
 Fairchild p/n: FTK0400 (FCM7001)

So I have a few good chips left which should last to the end of the decade.    -ph