[Coco] (OT) Radio Shack Kits

Brian Goers briang0671 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 24 20:39:12 EDT 2013

On 8/24/2013 6:51 PM, Ed Orbea wrote:
> While this is not CoCo specific, it is Radio Shack related. Years ago
> (many more that I want to admit) I purchased the CC Board kit from
> Radio Shack to build the Clock/Calendar/Timer which used the RS7001
> (Part # 276-1756) and spent almost a year building it. Now that I am
> way older (and hopefully better at soldering) I'd like to do it again.
>
> When I search the web looking for a kit that uses this chip (since
> it's been 38+ years since it was sold by Radio Shack) I have no
> success. Does anybody have a recommendation on a digital
> clock/calendar (8-segment LEDs) that uses this chip or a very close
> approximation?
>
> The kit used the MOS/LSI chip 276-1756; the 277-109 PC Board; the
> 277-108 Universal mutliplexed LED board
>
> Thanks

You did list what that chip is, so I give you a kit company that might
interest you.

http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/ and for other parts try
http://www.sparkfun.com

Happy building.

--

  Brian Goers
   Vice President of Special Events          http://glensideccc.com/newindex.shtml

     The 23nd Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST!      April 26 & 27, 2014
                                                  Saturday 10 am to 5 pm
                                                Socialize - 8 pm to 10 pm or beyond
      Fairfield Inn & Suites Lombard            Sunday 10 am to 3 pm or beyond
          645 West North Avenue
          Lombard, IL 60148
          1-630-629-1500