[Coco] Introduction, cartridge slot proto boards, J&M controllers, and EDTASM pak.

Christopher Smith csmith at wolfram.com
Fri Aug 23 13:17:10 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

Ok, so if we want to copy single files from a drivewire image to a floppy, that should work this way:

DRIVEON
CLOAD[M] ...
DRIVEOFF
CSAVE[M] ...
ETC, ETC...

If we want to copy a disk on which basic can't get at the files -- one from OS-9 for example -- are we out of luck because the floppy can't be above ID 3?  I suppose it may be possible to write some code that would load a few kilobytes of data into RAM from the disk, driveoff, and write them back out to the correct place.  It would take several cycles to duplicate an entire image.  Is this doable?  I'm digressing a bit here, but you've just provided the closest thing I currently have to an answer to a question I've been asking people for months. :)

Chris

--
Christopher Smith
Systems Engineer, Wolfram Research