[Coco] Introduction, cartridge slot proto boards, J&M controllers, and EDTASM pak.

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Thu Aug 22 10:24:50 EDT 2013

On Aug 22, 2013, at 04:58 , Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Hi and welcome Mark! I had to make sure I wasn't reading an old post of mine when I started reading your post! I (Mark) owned a silver coco and then an Amiga, and now I'm an electronic engineer! I also have collected a handful of other micros because I enjoyed playing on them at friend's place back in the day!

I watched a YouTube video of a guy around my age bringing up an Apple II that he just bought after not touching one in the last 20 or 30 years, and I felt like I was watching myself in a mirror!

So here I am re-exploring the computers of my youth, getting the upgrades that I always lusted after back then, trying stuff that I was curious about back then but didn't manage to get my fingers on to, and generally wasting my time and money in a delightful manner. There's no telling how long I'll be on this vintage computing binge before I get distracted by a squirrel and do something else, but it's plenty of fun right now.

So, anybody have a spare PDP-8 sitting around? I'd like to play with one of those, too! :)

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/