[Coco] Update on new Coco 3 game engine

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Wed Aug 14 02:57:51 EDT 2013

Currently, I'm dividing by 2 and the fidelity is good.

I've been experimenting with WAV files on my Amiga and downsampling them
to see how far I can go before it starts sounding crap.

I found that a divide by 3 (5.243 Khz) still produces acceptable sound
fidelity for sound effects although not so good for musical tones. I
won't have music, mainly guns and explosions so this may be good because
it buys me some more cpu cycles for the game while still maintaining the
sound.

I'll play it by ear as I go. I can always go up again in fidelity if I
can afford to.

Nick