[Coco] SuperIDE backup/restore

Ed Orbea ed.orbea at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 23:18:02 EDT 2013

Mark:

What I did ti test th CF cards as they s/b an exact copy of the
distribution image was simple:
1) power off the system
2) remove the dist CF card from the SuperIDE
3) insert either the red, blue or black (color coded on the back) into
the SuperIDE
4) Powered on the system

Even when the system did not 'hang' (garbage on screen, show sparklies)
and I tried the DIR command on any of the HDB disks, the directory would
only partially display, on would not display at all.

I am using the same flash memory (no changes to the SuperIDE switches)
for accessing the distribution CF card vs. accessing the copies.

My system is a 6809 CoCo3 with 512 triade upgrade. Even removing the MPI
made and inserting the SuperIDE cart directly into the expansion port
made no difference. So you an 'eliminate' usinf an MPI in your tests.

Ed