[Coco] OS9/68K on Atari SatanDisk

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 23:45:55 EDT 2013

Hi Joel,
> I was late to this conversation, but it reminds me that to this day I am
> unaware of any OS-9/68K implementation that runs in emulation on a modern
> PC, with the exception of some fairly limited CD-i emulators.

There is one called OS9App (or OS9exec) on Sourceforge, but there's not been
any development for some time. It's a bit buggy, but does work.

> I did once try running the Atari OS-9 disk images on a number of Atari
> emulators with little success.  I'm not sure what it needs that it's not
> getting in the emulators.  This has been 2 or 3 years back, so maybe the
> emulation has improved, or maybe there's an emulator I'm not aware of that
> does work.

As far as I know, it's a problem with the emulators not supporting reads
from sector zero, which OS9/68K needs.

> Are you aware of anything I've missed?

Nope, That's about where I'm at too. My MM/1 still works, but as you said,
the SCSI drive is not very happy, and takes a loooong time to spin up. Once
it's going it works fine.

A SCSI to IDE/CF/SD convertor would be a great thing. Such a card is being
developed by the N8VEM crew.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia