[Coco] No more dream ports (Was:Wolfenstein 3-D on a 4.77mhz 8088? So, 6809 port, anyone?)

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 25 03:42:46 EDT 2013

On 25/04/2013 4:48 PM, Steve Bjork wrote:

> I don't believe that graphics on the board had any sprites. (Arcade game
> Zaxxon also did not have sprites.)  Graphic work was done of the Charter map
> system to emulate sprites.  This is why they put a CPU in the graphic system.

According to the MAME driver, the games all had their own video boards,
though they all reportedly _do_ have sprites.

I've actually started both Xevious & 1942 FPGA implementations. The former
hit a wall with the Namco custom chips - although I was referencing an early
version of MAME that did a black-box functional implementation of them... I
should get stuck back into it one day. 1942 is still WIP as well...
unfortunately neither will fit in a DE1. :(

Regards,