[Coco] CoCo Linux Live CD

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Mon Apr 22 11:29:17 EDT 2013

Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 18:10:54 -0400 From: "Bill Gunshannon"
<billg999 at cs.uofs.edu>

Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 13:58:55 -0400
From: Frank Swygert<farna at att.net>

So what is needed is someone to setup something like Puppy Linux on
a machine (or virtual box), maybe strip it down some.

Bill:
Strip it down?  It's only 136M now.....

Frank:
There's no need for
a GUI, but would be nice to have a menu for a few needed disk utilities,
something similar to the recovery mode screen on Ubuntu with the necessary
entries. I have no idea what Linux utilities (or utils that need to run
outside the emulator) would be needed... suggestions? Then it would be
simple enough to write a menu script (well, for some... not for me!).
Maybe have the machine boot into the menu with one of the selections being
to run the emulator? Or better to run the emulator from start-up, then go
to the menu screen when quitting the emulator and have a shut down
selection so the computer comes up ready to CoCo?

Bill:
I would say just install the emulator.  The only question being which
emulator.

New from Frank:
Only 136MB? I checked the webpage and found Puppy Linux Arcade! It uses SDLMAME for some of the emulated systems, so it should be able to emulate a CoCo. Just strip out the others and re-write the start screen, and we're done! If I could do it...

http://scottjarvis.com/page105.htm
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=55818  <http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=55818>

--
Frank Swygert