[Coco] becker and VCC1.43beta

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 10:29:56 EDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> Even after reading that, which does help, I am still not enlightened enough
> to be able to setup that basic09 web server, so that (and I'd have to setup
> a NAT rule in my router too) someone could send their browser to my web
> page, but change the port number to say 6309, and actually be accessing the
> coco.  I can take care of the NATing and routing, but how would DW be
> setup, and inetd on the coco be configured to accomplish this?
>
> I'd also need to grab a copy of that basic09 web server, where is that
> downloadable?  Or do I already have it as part of the DW install? I am not
> seeing anything like it that I recognize, which I assume is something like
> httpd.b09. This lists corpus should contain that info, but searching the
> last 11 years of it comes up empty.  And I do not see it in the
> 3rdparty/packages/basic09 tree of my repo either.  I think its safe to say
> that unless its on my web pages, I don't have it.  And its not visible
> there.

You will find httpd on the disk dw4_extras.dsk which is included in
the DriveWire distribution zip file, so chances are it is in the
directory you run DW4 from.  You can also download this disk from the
DW4 download page:  https://sites.google.com/site/drivewire4/download

On this disk, in the directory HTTPD, you will find the source code
(httpd.b09), the executable (httpd) and an example inetd.conf.

To "install" httpd, copy the executable to your CMDS directory and
edit inetd.conf to contain a line similar to the one in the example.
If you'd like the web server to run on port 6309 instead of 80, use a
line like:

6309,runb,httpd

You will likely also want to create a directory "/DD/WWWROOT".  This
is where the default page will be loaded from.  There is an example
WWWROOT directory on the same dw4_extras disk as httpd.

Once httpd is installed and inetd has been restarted with the new
config, you can browse to http://127.0.0.1 (or http://127.0.0.1:6309
if you use that port) on the computer running DW4 to see the
index.html from /DD/WWWROOT.  You can also open any path on your OS9
system by specifying it in the URL, for instance http://127.0.0.1/DD/
or http://127.0.0.1/DD/CMDS etc.

You would set up the port forward in your router to point to the
computer DW4 is running on.

-Aaron