[Coco] becker and VCC1.43beta, now DW4

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Apr 21 10:00:22 EDT 2013

On Sunday 21 April 2013 09:47:30 Gene Heskett did opine:

> On Sunday 21 April 2013 07:51:45 Aaron Wolfe did opine:
> > On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 4:46 AM, Bob Devries <devries.bob at gmail.com>
>
> wrote:
> > > Now, if I wanted to use a *different* computer to run VCC, would I
> > > change the IP number from 127.0.0.1 to whatever the client computer
> > > is, e.g. 192.168.1.4 in both DW4 and VCC?
> >
> > No... you would only change the IP address in VCC.
> >
> > I've added a diagram to the Ports documentation in the DW4 wiki. Maybe
> > it will help clear things up?
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/drivewireserver/index.php?title
> > =U sing_DriveWire#Ports
>
> Even after reading that, which does help, I am still not enlightened
> enough to be able to setup that basic09 web server, so that (and I'd
> have to setup a NAT rule in my router too) someone could send their
> browser to my web page, but change the port number to say 6309, and
> actually be accessing the coco.  I can take care of the NATing and
> routing, but how would DW be setup, and inetd on the coco be configured
> to accomplish this?
>
> I'd also need to grab a copy of that basic09 web server, where is that
> downloadable?  Or do I already have it as part of the DW install? I am
> not seeing anything like it that I recognize, which I assume is
> something like httpd.b09. This lists corpus should contain that info,
> but searching the last 11 years of it comes up empty.  And I do not see
> it in the 3rdparty/packages/basic09 tree of my repo either.  I think
> its safe to say that unless its on my web pages, I don't have it.  And
> its not visible there.

addendum: Running the latest server, as of late last night, I used minted
from the coco's console to add the starting of 2 additional shells on z1
and z2 to the startup, and reset it.  They look great on my linux screen.

BUT, dw on the coco is busier than a one armed paper hanger according to
the leds on the serial-usb adapter.

Should that be the case when neither screen is actually doing anything?
Its as if it is continuously refreshing the screens.  The coco seems to be
a bit loaded, not quite as snappy as normal.

The server tab says there are just under 1000 operations a second.
Floating in the 940's range.

That doesn't seem normal.