[Coco] The CoCo outside of the U.S.

Robin Lavallée robin at guibec.com
Mon Apr 15 12:08:37 EDT 2013

Hello,

I live in Québec, Canada. My father bought me a Coco2 from Radio-Shack back then (1987?) Childhood memories tell me the price was either 100$ or 300$. All manuals were in French, and since I could not read English well back then, this was a blessing.

The fact that all manual were translated in French, including the introduction to Basic programming, was what got me into computers and programming.

Coco3 was also fully translated.

The programming language itself was not translated (syntax errors, keywords). I don't remember if the Microsoft copyright when you turned on the computer was in French. I would have to recheck.

I still have all the manuals laying somewhere if someone is interested.

Robin