[Coco] [COCO} VCC 1.43beta release

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Thu Apr 18 17:48:07 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM, tim lindner <tlindner at macmess.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM, David Ladd <drencor at gamepixel.net>
> wrote:
>
> > As far as the Speech Pak, not sure.
> >

> I've looked into (and written much code) to add support to the Speech/Sound
> Pak in MESS. Currently there is nothing to show for it.
>
> All of the information I've accumulated is here:
>
> http://tlindner.macmess.org/?page_id=96
>
> The S/SC contains two CPUs, two ROMs, two sound generators and 2k of RAM.
> It's a little computer all by itself.
>
> (I consider the SP0256 a CPU with an added speech generation module).

Don't get me wrong.  I have two Speech Pak's and I wouldn't get rid of them
for anything.  Friend had ears and I liked it, but I liked the hardware
solution better since I could just send text to a single poke address and
get speech.

In a emulator this would be even cooler.

Just wish we could get becker port interface added to MESS.