[Coco] Need Help With My SuperIDE Hard Drive Controller

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Thu Apr 11 00:22:45 EDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I recently acquired a SuperIDE Hard Drive Controller Pak from a friend of
mine and I need the software and documentation for it.  I downloaded a doc
file for it from Cloud-9, and after reading it, I have gotten it to boot off
the Compact flash card.  Is that all the docs there is for it?  If so, cool.

Anyway, I love this SuperIDE Hard Drive Controller PAK!  I'm running it with
my Disto Super Controller and they both cohabitate just fine.

I will be playing with an actual hard drive soon.  I expect it will take a
long time to format an 8.4GB hard drive as a 4GB drive.  Man, I don't like
wasting all that hard drive storage space!  Anyhow, I know this is overkill
big time, but I thought why not.  It ought to be interesting.  I wonder if
NitrOS-9 will burp, bomb out or crash before it gets to the end of
formatting that drive.  I plan on formatting every possible LSN with 256
bytes per sector anyway.  Maybe I should use a smaller hard drive to start
off with during the testing phase.  I'll let you all know what happens on my
web page.  If you guys foresee a problem with this, please let me know.  I
probably won't do it tonight, but who knows.

Also, I need the software for the SuperIDE controller so I can program some
other DOS rom images into the flash.  Thank you in advance.

Kip