[Coco] vdg modules on 6309

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Apr 10 23:44:57 EDT 2013

Felipe,
I run both the 6309 and the 6809 versions of CoVDG as well as CoWin. I have descripters for W1-W7 and V1-V2. I have this configuration to be able to run most any Coco 3 OS9 software without rebooting to a different build.
One thing I've started doing is to ignore all the different "build" options for Nitros9. It seems everytime one get's fixed, it breaks another. I found a simple 6809 and a 6309 build that booted properly. Then I just cobbler to a blank disk. Then I add/delete the modules I need for the new configuration using EZGen. I have directories on my work drive that contains almost every module (6809 and 6309) That's in the repo. These have been checked and tested with good CRCs. This makes more sense to me than "building" a new disk everytime I want a new boot configuration.  The whole process takes me about 4 or 5 minutes to get a working boot. Since I started using XRoar, I also set up a directory the same way for Level 1 modules. I just copy my level 1 disk to a new disk (PC copy) and delete all the dirs then use EZGen in level 2 to edit the boot. The whole process is painless once you have all the modules gathered.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com