[Coco] can't compile Toolshed on CygWin

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Apr 5 19:52:59 EDT 2013

On Friday 05 April 2013 19:46:02 Steven Hirsch did opine:

> On Fri, 5 Apr 2013, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >>
> >> Aaron,
> >>
> >> I spent some time and effort fixing cocofuse a few years ago and it
> >> works just fine for me on Ubuntu 10.04LTS.  Can you tell more about
> >> the problems you're seeing?
> >>
> >> Steve
> >
> > Ubuntu 10.04-4 LTS is what I'm running here.
> >
> > All this talk about cocofuse made me curious, so I went looking for
> > some docs.  There doesn't seem to be any unless its in the pdf.
> > Which it is not.
> >
> > I see it is in the toolshed tree, but the executable wasn't built to
> > be available in the $PATH addition of /opt/toolshed/bin, its in
> > /opt/toolshed/build/unix, so isn't available for use without either
> > softlinking buils/unix into the toolshed/bin path, or adding yet
> > another element to the $PATH environment variable.
>
> That's odd.  It builds by default in my sandbox.  Do you not have a
> Makefile in the same directory as the cocofuse.c source?

No, I do not, the only other thing there is the CVS subdir.  2 items total.

Thanks Steven.

> If you don't have the Makefile, give me a yell and I'll try to figure
> out what (if anything) I had to do to get it to compile and link.  You
> will need all these packages as a pre-req:
>
> libfuse2
Got this:
root at coyote:/opt/toolshed/cocofuse# locate libfuse2
/usr/share/doc/libfuse2
/usr/share/doc/libfuse2/Doxyfile.gz
/usr/share/doc/libfuse2/FAQ.gz
/usr/share/doc/libfuse2/Filesystems
/usr/share/doc/libfuse2/NEWS.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libfuse2/NEWS.gz
/usr/share/doc/libfuse2/README.Debian
/usr/share/doc/libfuse2/README.NFS
/usr/share/doc/libfuse2/README.gz
/usr/share/doc/libfuse2/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libfuse2/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/libfuse2/copyright
/usr/share/doc/libfuse2/how-fuse-works
/usr/share/doc/libfuse2/kernel.txt.gz
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libfuse2.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libfuse2.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libfuse2.postinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libfuse2.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libfuse2.shlibs

> libfuse-dev

Nope.

> fuse-utils

Do have these:
root at coyote:/opt/toolshed/cocofuse# locate fuse-utils
/lib/udev/rules.d/40-fuse-utils.rules
/usr/share/doc/fuse-utils
/usr/share/lintian/overrides/fuse-utils
/var/lib/dpkg/info/fuse-utils.conffiles
/var/lib/dpkg/info/fuse-utils.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/fuse-utils.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/fuse-utils.postinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/fuse-utils.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/fuse-utils.preinst
/var/lib/update-rc.d/fuse-utils

> Steve

Thanks Steve.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Don't Worry, Be Happy.
		-- Meher Baba
dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million
          law-abiding citizens.