[Coco] can't compile Toolshed on CygWin

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Wed Apr 3 22:34:17 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Bob Devries <devries.bob at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I installed CygWin, and downloaded the Toolshed cvs repository using
> instructions on the nitros9 website. When I run make, I get lots of errors,
> and the make fails.

Can you provide a listing of all the errors you are getting as a text file
attachment?  Seeing what the errors are would help.

Also a side note is make sure you are building from
{toolshedfolder}/build/unix
I have seen in the past people using cygwin and use the windows build
scripts when they should be using the unix ones.

Another thing is look at the errors and see if it can't find lib files.
 You may not have a compiler required file(s) that might be needed to build
toolshed.

> Can someone explain what's going on?
>
> If I need to do this on Linux, I can do so; I have Ubuntu set up on
> another box, or I can use my Raspberry Pi.

Well I myself now use Mint14 and my Raspberry Pi for my toolshed stuff.  I
am finding it is a lot easier for me to work with than windows now.  At
least for me :D