[Coco] RS-232 Pak Back to Stock

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Apr 3 22:08:23 EDT 2013

On Wednesday 03 April 2013 22:01:32 John E. Bielak did opine:

> I picked up a deluxe RS-232 pak thats somewhat modified that I'm trying
> to put back to stock.
>
> The changes:
> - The ROM has been cut out

Leave that as it, its far more useful w/o it.

> - The trace for pin 4 cartridge edge connector has been cut and there is
> a wire going out to an external connecter

That is the IRQ line, put it back AND if using an MPI, pull 3 of the 4
pullup resistors from the 4 connectors pins 8, and jumper all pin 8's
together.  No more missed incoming characters.  And doesn't need an
external wire to get the IRQ into the coco when the slot select switch or
logic isn't set to the slot the cart is in.

> - There's a jumper between E1 and E2
> - A jumper appears to have been removed from E3 and E4

That doesn't ring any bells, consult the manual on that.