[Coco] Yet another DW4 update

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 11:49:04 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:

> Is there a possibility to make updates install only the changed code? At
> least limit the update to the DW4UI.jar if that can't be broken down into
> smaller packages?
>
> Maybe I'm the only one still using dial-up and these updates have been
> massive, too large for dial-up.
>
> Robert

Yes, in fact that is exactly what the updater does.  It only transfers
files when the sha1 sum defined for a particular version does not
match the local checksum.  It also uses gzip compression during the
transfer to reduce bandwidth.

Unfortunately, the DW4UI.jar file is almost always updated in a new
version and it's about 19MB even gzipped :(  Since the entire package
is only about 20MB currently, it's not going to save much in most
cases.

-Aaron