[Coco] I'm making an EmCee server for Linux

Juan Castro jccyc1965 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 17:43:33 EDT 2012

Since Mac and Windows were the only platforms supported, I decided to
make my own. Right now, the only thing it does correctly is DIR. Very
cool typing DIR in an MC-10 and seeing the contents of my Unix home
dir in all its beginning-with-dots, reverse-video glory!

Next up: SETDIR. Darren gets (once again) mad props for the simple,
easy, understandable protocol he created. And you know what? This is
almost good enough for the CoCo too -- only file random access needs
to be implemented. I.e., LSEEK.

You may say this is reinventing the wheel, but by Jove, reinventing
this wheel is lots of fun.

Unfortunately, the pics will have to wait, I forgot the cellphone
charger at work. Gah.

Juan