[Coco] Booting NitrOS-9 from MESS

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Sep 27 09:32:05 EDT 2012

Mike Rowen wrote:
> I did change the extensions to .os9 and the boot now begins, however it fails just after i2xto*W.
 >So I suspect this is one of the bad images you are referring to. Can't tinker
much until
>tomorrow night. 12 hour shifts for me this week. Getting closer though! Thanks.

Yes, that is the error manifest. :)

*W means error 128+87=215 BAD PATHNAME

After Boot finishes and turns over the process to rb1773, the disks can't be
read correctly because they were formatted as double-sided but the descriptors
are for single-sided.
Unless you can boot from older OS-9 disks and can use dEd to edit the
descriptors in the OS9Boot file, you won't make any further progress. That being
the case, e-mail me directly asking for specific disk images and I'll send you
good ones.