[Coco] Rainbow Index OCR

Tue Sep 25 11:10:48 EDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks for providing an alternate download for this file so that ... is not
overloaded again.

I think that after another ~ 3 hours looking for July 1992 and failing
still, (Not included in the ~ 20 hours on the real project) I will build and
make available my work so far in addition to the OCR of your file (~ 14 MB).

Your file appears to be the best source for July 1992 I have found so it
will be extracted and inserted into the one I am building. (OCR will be
poor)

It's only two pages with the first one needing to be cropped.

I would scan at 1200 DPI 8 BIT Gray Scale, save to .tif (131 MB per page).

Edit the first page to crop to only the index and resave as .tif.

The import into Adobe Acrobat 9 and do the OCR using Clear Scan and High (72
DPI) settings.

The resulting file will be ~ 200 KB.

The fonts used in the 1990, 1991 and 1992 indexes are very small.

TIA to anyone if they can do the July 1992 work.

mailto:a_nani_mouse at mindspring.com

SHF