[Coco] rogue

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Mon Sep 24 20:33:58 EDT 2012

Yep, Epyx released all of the versions of Rogue (though they did the
co-publish thing with Tandy, as was the norm for CoCo stuff, but it was
still in the standard Epyx packaging), though there was a PC version prior
to Epyx picking up the property. What was neat about all the different
versions for all the different platforms was that each game was implemented
differently. While the basic cores were the same, of course, they each took
a different approach to the visuals. The CoCo 3 had perhaps the most
interesting approach in that there wasn't the type of difference between
the 128K and 512K versions in terms of visuals. It just basically swapped
in a fancier character set. Contrast that the Amiga and ST versions, for
instance, which had full sprite-based graphics. You can see a few of the
different implementations here:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/rogue/screenshots

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>and