[Coco] Diskette Flipping Question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Sep 13 11:17:14 EDT 2012

On Thursday 13 September 2012 11:14:07 Retro Canada did opine:

> but the apple // needs the center ring (otherwise it will tear your
> diskette). Maybe it aligns the disk by brute force...

While I wouldn't call it brute force, all 8 and 5.25 drives center the disk
on the drive hub via a well fitting clamp rosette that penetrates the hole
in the disk.  When it doesn't fit so well, usually by shrinkage, is when
the hole starts to get damaged.