[Coco] Diskette Flipping Question

Brendan Donahe brendan at polylith.com
Thu Sep 13 10:45:15 EDT 2012

Yes, you need another index hole for the single sided Color Computer drives
(at least the ones I've used).  This requires lifting the floppy plastic
away from the magnetic disk on either side and using a hole punch to put
another hole in the plastic (on both sides of the floppy, of course).  I
use a standard single hole punch but with a "collector" such that the
punched plastic stays in the punch and doesn't get lost between the plastic
and magnetic disk.

As was already suggested, a template to mark where these holes need to go
helps considerably.

Brendan