[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Rainbow magazine and manually typing those printed programs!

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Sep 12 12:19:32 EDT 2012

On Wednesday 12 September 2012 12:16:42 Bill Pierce did opine:

> Gene,
>  Don't forget the , & .     ; & :   O & 0    B & 8 & & & %    [ ] & { }
> & ( )   - & _ & = If the mag slipped the slightest bit in the print
> process and blurred the text, all of those were indestinguishable. Then
> sometimes, some genius at Fasoft would get the bright idea to put a
> graphic behind the listing... real smart. Then there were the several
> times Lonnie changed fonts trying to save space, then there was the
> time Lonnie decided to use a font that produced listings with lines
> longer than 32 characters. That immediately changed the next monh after
> 10,000 letters to the editor. And the worst of all, 6 pages of Speech
> System ads and 3 pages of Owlware ads right in the middle of a long
> listing.

Yeah, for that I had visions of all sorts of medieval paybacks. ;-)

> And I never could remember which key produced  ~
> BP

I still don't...

Remember well, but not fondly. ;-)

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
The anger of a woman is the greatest evil with which you can threaten your
enemies.
		-- Bonnard