[Coco] OS-9 Databases

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Sep 9 13:40:34 EDT 2012

On Sunday 09 September 2012 13:12:25 Aaron Sebold did opine:

> On Sun, 2012-09-09 at 09:44 -0400, Rogelio Perea wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >
> > AFAIK, Profile was the only thing that could be called a database.  It
> > was
> >
> > > firesaled out at $9.95 at least 15 years ago, but I've no clue if
> > > anyone ever dissed it to get srcs or not.
> > >
> > > Does anybody else know any more?
> >
> > What about Sculptor? I have never played with the software but I
> > remember reading quite a bit in The Rainbow and other CoCo oriented
> > online venues. Seems to be quite a powerful package from what I
> > recall, maybe I should give it a spin as it is available for
> > download:
> >
> > ftp://maltedmedia.com/coco/SOFTWARE/DISK/Applications/Sculptor%20%28co
> > co%203%29/
>
> Being lazy just now (getting ready for a vacation next week,) is the
> source on those DSK files?  If not, is anyone still able to email the FH
> in FHL and see if he will release them?  Or am I possibly (considering
> the prices that Gene mentioned) going to be coming up against a
> licensing issue?
>
> Come to think of it, while it's a great gift to the CoCo community, I
> bet he wrote that in a low level language.  I'll have to learn assembler
> one of these days, but now ain't the time.  I'm working through some
> CCNA books for work; hoping to be "movin' on up" soon.
>
> Thanks.
> -M.

Frank passed, several years ago now.  I believe his widow was Mary, but my
hand isn't anywhere near the good book.  And while its possible that some
sort of disposition has been done to FHL property that may show up in a
list search, I can't quote it at this late date.  My own searches of my
coco corpus, which goes back to 2002 on this machine weren't fruitful,
darnit...

Perhaps someone else can find it in their email morgue?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
idleness, n.:
	Leisure gone to seed.